Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Easter 2019 and I REALLY love my husband



Wow!  I haven't blogged in over 3 years.  I used to think the busiest time of my life would be when my children were little and my days were filled with laundry, changing diapers, picking up toys, making meals, cleaning up from meals, etc.  But, I've found the teen/young adult years to be equally busy and time slipping by faster than ever.  We now have just Natalie and Adam at home, but our older children (Ally, Nick, Jake, Ryan, and Connor) still receive a lot of our time and attention as we've morphed into the roles of adviser and friend to our young adults. I love, love these new relationships and am in awe watching them navigate life and spread their wings. 

Easter was a wonderful day.  We started by going to church.  Jeff and I both had to speak.  It was a beautiful program intermingled with song and speaking.  Ally and her boyfriend, Jason, came to our Ward on Sunday and then came back to our house for brunch.  Later that day we met up with Jeff's family for Easter dinner at his niece's new house in Snohomish (that's about an hour away from Lake Tapps, where we live).   Connor is back from BYU for the summer and met us in Snohomish for Easter Dinner (he's staying at his mom's house for the summer).  Nick was still in Hawaii at BYU-H, and Jake and Ryan had to work.  We missed them a ton. 

As a side note, I really, really love my husband.  He's a dedicated husband and father (to ALL our kids).  He works crazy hard to provide for us.  He seriously makes my dreams come true, including buying us a house on the lake.  WooHoo!  Summers are the best on Lake Tapps!  He also spends endless hours serving people in our Ward while serving in the bishopric and volunteers to help out all the time.  He's so stinkin' amazing I don't know what I did to deserve him.  :) 


No comments: