Saturday, May 26, 2007

Father/Son Camp Out . . . Mother/Daughter Hang Out

We found out just a few days ago that our church scheduled its annual "Father/Son Camp Out" during Memorial Weekend this year - usually it's held mid-May. We had already made plans to go to the Tri-Cities for the weekend. But, we knew our 8-year old son would be crushed to miss the camp out, so we made a quick change of plans.

We decided Andrew would take the boys (including Adam) to the camp out and I would take the girls for just an overnight trip to the Tri-Cities.

The boys had a great time doing what boys do . . . and us girls had a great time doing what girls do. We started with a trip to the mall, of course. While there, we shamelessly copied what my friends in another ward did during their ward's Father/Son Camp Out - went to Build-a-Bear Workshop. Natalie and Ally had so much fun picking their bears and outfits (thank you Kari Ann for blogging about this so I could "borrow" the idea! :-) We have never done this before and I was surprised it wasn't that expensive.

While at the mall I got an e-mail to my cell phone from Andrew. It was pictures of the boys camping. I e-mailed back pictures of the girls at the mall. Isn't modern technology amazing?!?

After a trip to Bath and Body Works, where we all came out smelling "fruity," we headed back to Grandma and Grandpa's house for some "hang out time." The next morning we made a trip to the cemetery (I love my grandparents who gently reminded me of the reason for Memorial Weekend). The cemetery was packed! I'm not sure if it was due to Memorial Weekend or the wedding taking place there (the nearby church must've been booked!)


On a more serious note, My children have lost 3 out of their 4 grandparents, so it was touching to put flowers on all the graves and talk about what it means to be a forever family.

Next pedicures and finally, the highlight of the trip, an afternoon by the pool. It was a great trip, but I'm glad to have our family back together again.


The girls filling out their bears' "birth certificates"

The girls and their bears



30 painted toes!


All smiles

What's down there, Natalie?

I can't believe I'm posting a picture of me in a swimsuit (yuck!) but wanted to show that I'm wearing my new Shade swimsuit.


The girls ready to jump in.


9 comments:

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

What an awesome day that must have been! You're so lucky your kids still want to be seen with you. Jeff and Drew announced they were invited to the movie so no way were they going to the campout. Thank heaven for Bro. Duer. He took Nick and Jason. I just caught up at work. Not nearly as fun as your weekend! You also look WAY HOTTER than any mom I know in a swimsuit!

andrea said...

Isn't the build a bear thing so fun? My girls have played with their bears non-stop since they got them. The swimsuit looks way cute. I wore mine yesterday to the lake.

Your toes look great too. My sister and I ran out of time the other day to get our pedicure/manicures.

Lara said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

You look pretty hot in that Shade!

[alisar] said...

What a great weekend! I love all the fun girl activities. I remember doing the same kinds of things with my mom. Our tradition was to rent a black & white move and make homemade milkshakes - those memories will last a lifetime.
Great swimsuit! I am going to have to look in to getting one of those for next summer (I've pretty much written this summer off as far as appearing in a bathing suit :)

Lucy said...

I think you created a fun weekend out of a really poorly timed father/sons. What were they thinking?????

And...if that is yuck then.....I can't even do anything with this sentence. You are beautiful. Shade swimsuit especially:)

Kristin said...

What a fun weekend! I love that you went with your grandparents to the cemetary. I usually go with my grandma too and Tyler and I take the kids and talk about families being forever too.

I love the pedicures...Kelley and I are going tomorrow. I can't wait!

You look FANTASTIC in your swimsuit...how are you a mother of four??

Rebecca said...

You look great in your swimsuit! I'm jealous of your's and the girls toes. Hannah was just asking me yesterday how long it would be before her toenail grows back. I told her maybe a year? I hope it does!

Carolyn said...

Ally said...

I love your blog. Sorry for snooping but I wanted to know what you wrote. We sure did have a fun time when the boys were away. I LOVE the pictures!

The Barkers said...

I'm so glad I found your blog!!!!! You guys look great! I'm so happy for Nicholas and his baptism! By the way, I had no idea that Shade was making swimsuits -- SO CUTE! (and you do look great, despite what you think).

P.S. How's your hair?