Saturday, November 17, 2007

I Guess There's a Little Martha in All of Us

Is Thanksgiving really right around the corner. And what's that knocking on the door? Oh, that's Christmas. It's all coming so fast, but I LOVE this time of year. A funny thing also happens to me this time of year - I find myself feeling a little "Martha Stewartish" (most of you know I'm crafty challenged - is that the politically correct way to say it?) Anyway, I've had the bug lately. Here's a couple projects I took on:

I made this family night chart. Prior to this we used an apple tree I made out of construction paper. We're moving up in the world. :-)

I saw this idea at my friend's house a couple nights ago. I cleaned out my fireplace and put candles in it. I have to enjoy this one while I can because once the snow starts my kids will insist on a fire in the fireplace (and hot cocoa in their hands!)






5 comments:

Lara said...

Way to be crafty! Looks great.

I have candles in my fireplace too - we have never had a real fire in it yet.

The Barkers said...

Did you stencil that FHE board or free-hand? It looks great!!

Carolyn said...

Me - free hand? :-) They're stickers Kathy.

Kristin said...

Very Martha!! I'm impressed. The holidays bring out the Martha in me too...

Rebecca said...

I love the chart. I need something like that. And some wall space to put it on. Where's the picture of the aspen "logs" in the bucket? It also deserves mentioning. I love seeing your crafty side!