Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Little Ones

We've had a lot of excitement around our house lately! Natalie and Adam's birthdays are only a week apart (well, technically a week AND 2 years.) I always refer to them as my "little two," which makes Ally and Nicholas my "big two." Ally and Nicholas are 20 months apart then we waited 3 years to have Natalie and then just 2 years later Adam came along. So they are kind of grouped in pairs. Now that Natalie is 6 and Adam is 4, the term "little two" is suddenly not so appealing to them. I will be working hard to stop using that phrase, but until then, here are some pictures of my BIG "little two."

p.s. I'm taking up a new hobby . . . photography. I just purchased my first SLR camera (I've relied on my point and shoot for MANY years). These are some of my first pictures. As you can see, I've got a lot to learn. I'll keep posting my progress.





9 comments:

andrea said...

Cute pictures. They do look big. It's amazing that Adam is 4! Happy birthday to the cute little two.

Allison said...

Is that really Adam?!? They really do grow up so fast. It just seems like yesterday we were in the ward and he was a little guy.

Lara said...

They may not be the "little two" any more but they sure are the cutest two! Thanks for the fun birthday parties - it is always fun to celebrate with friends.

[alisar] said...

Gorgeous pictures. I can't believe how much Adam has changed in the nine months since I've seen him. He looks like a little man :)

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

I still call Nick and Jason the little boys. I don't think they even notice anymore. I just got a new camera too! We've got to get into a photography class. Although, you're pictures are already pretty good!

Unknown said...

Your pictures look great!! So...I upgraded my point and shoot...but I am too miserly to part with the serious cash needed for a serious camera. Now that I see your fabulous pictures I am going to have to start a little fund...don't you love photography? I do.

We still call Kirk and Jordi the "little guys" and always will...and Kirk after nearly 26 years is OK with being called "Kirky". ;)

KariAnn said...

Your pictures are adorable. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Photography is easily obsessive especially when you have such cute subjects.

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Hello! I was so excited to have found your blog through looking at others. I don't even remember the line I went through! Anyway, I LOVE the pictures of your kids! They are darling and my little Ally that I taught in primary isn't so little any more! I love the pictures of her in Gymnastics. How long has she been taking now? I just started my 19 month old (Kate)in it today! How are things in Spokane? We have so many fond memories of that place and are hoping to come back for a visit while Jas's cousin and his wife are up there(Ryan and Leslie Jibson). I will end my novel now but I just wanted to say hi. Your family is as adorable as ever!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Carolyn,
I would LOVE to come back to Spokane and see everyone still there and I would LOVE to do your hair again but by looking at the pictures, you don't need my help! You are still as beautiful as ever! Seriously!