Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Joy


It's always exciting around our house when these cheerful spring Crocuses start popping up around our yard. It's so wonderful watching my children run from flower bed to flower bed, trying to find tiny flowers budding. I attended Time Out for Women this weekend and feel transformed. I have such a blessed life and I want to show my appreciation to my Heavenly Father for these blessings by making each day count. So, this afternoon the dishes sat in the sink, the bedding I piled up to wash today sat in the laundry room, and the e-mails waiting for me just had to wait a little longer. I spent the afternoon with my children.

5 comments:

Mari said...

I am glad to hear that the flowers are growing! I was worried you may be snowed-in until Fall!

There is nothing better than ignoring household chores and playing with your precious children! Good for you!

I have never been to a TOFW, but Hilary Weeks was my Primary teacher when I was growing up, and I LOVE all of her music. I am sure it was a fantastic time!

Happy Spring!

Lara said...

Spending time with your children is absolute joy!!! All those other jobs are always there - they won't mind being neglected a little :-)

Good reminder!!!!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

I don't know, I've been home with sick kids all week and I'm ready to get back to work for a day or two!! :) And now there's snow on the crocus. I'm getting depressed. Think TOFW think TOFW!!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

You don't know how good that made me feel to hear you say that! I think I will copy you and do that tommorow (actually, the bed not made and the laundry unattended to were done today...I just didn't have the same good purpose you had)!

Unknown said...

Your such a good mom Carolyn!! :)