Sunday, November 05, 2006

Laura's Lesson

Last weekend I lost a friend who I worked with on the PTG board at my kids' school. Laura was a shy, but intelligent woman, dedicated to her family. At her funeral, several friends spoke about her life. One passed on some advice Laura gave her several years ago; to take 5 minutes each night to write about the good that happened that day (Laura was a journalist). I've pondered this and realized there is something therapeutic about writing your thoughts. That's why I think blogging is so great!

So, in following Laura's advice I'd like to list some good things that happened today. First, 70 primary children made it through a 2 hour primary program rehearsal and no one cried or ran off the stand. Second, I saw a dear friend come to church today who I hadn't seen in awhile. Third, I had no meetings today and spent the afternoon hanging out with my family. And, fourth, I didn't receive ANY political campaign calls. It was a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

What a great thing to do. If Laura had those things written down then it will be such a comfort to her children down the road.

I'm amazed that you have the presence of mind to be grateful after a CSMP rehersal. Those will unglue the best of them! Glad you had a nice evening with your family.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Laura...I didn't know her but my heart broke for her kids and husband. She sounded like such a wonderful person who touched a lot of lives. Hearing about things like that really puts life in perspective.

Glad the Primary practice went well...sorry my kids weren't there...we didn't want to pass our contagion onto anyone else. But here's some good news: Kameron's part is memorized and Reilly's very close to having her part memorized too. Both are extremely excited about the program!

You do such a good job! Valynn and I are FREAKING out about YW in Excellence!!! AAAhhhh!! I need to channel some of your calmness!!!

andrea said...

I would love to hear more about Laura's funeral. Great news about the primary program rehearsal. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Next Sunday night you can blog that you survived yet another primary program. How many is this for you now?