Thursday, January 04, 2007

100 Things About Me

I'm taking Lucy's challenge and trying to come up with 100 things about me.




  1. My favorite color is green. I was in heaven in the 90s when it was so popular.

  2. I was 23 when I got married.

  3. I was married at the Moore Mansion in the Tri-Cities. Our wedding was outside and the reception inside.

  4. We were sealed in the Portland Temple.

  5. I love kids

  6. If I wasn't an attorney I'd be a kindergarten teacher.

  7. I became an attorney because of an inspiring government teacher in high school.

  8. While pregnant with Ally, I sat in the back of my classes eating crackers and praying I wouldn't throw up.

  9. I had a really good friend in law school who I did everything with for 3 years. She moved to Colorado after graduation and we haven't talked since (one of my biggest regrets!)

  10. My best missionary moment was with my husband. He asked me on our 2nd date, "What's the deal with Mormons and Pepsi?" He got the first 5 discussions that night!

  11. I always fill in all the birthdays and anniversaries for the year on a new calendar on New Year's Day.

  12. I usually only make a couple New Year's resolutions, to insure I keep them. This year's are to give more service and use our YMCA membership.

  13. My first job was a sales clerk at JC Penneys.

  14. My 2nd job was a clerk at the swimsuit shop at Wet-n-Wild Waterpark in the Tri-Cities. One of my duties (I can't believe I'm going to share this) was to walk around the park with one of the shop's swimsuits on. I would then tell people if they were interested in the suit to visit the gift shop. Needless to say, I subjected myself to this humiliation because I had a crush on one of the lifeguards and walking around the park gave me an opportunity to flirt.

  15. I hate laundry.

  16. I love organizing, but get frustrated things don't stay organized with 4 children.

  17. My hardest calling was Gospel Doctrine teacher.

  18. My easiest calling was typing the program each week for Sacrament Meeting.

  19. I love getting letters in the mail

  20. I always snack at night after the kids go to bed. And, I always go in phases. I'll eat ice cream every night for a month, and then it's cereal. Right now I'm in a Triscuit phase.

  21. Because I write technically for a living, I have a hard time writing creatively. Blogging has really helped me work on this.

  22. We have a fake Christmas tree.

  23. My biggest "want" right now is a cabin near Priest Lake. We've been looking for about a year now but can't find the right one (i.e., one in our price range!)

  24. I love people who politely look away when your child is having a temper tantrum in public.

  25. I volunteer in my children's classrooms. I enjoy working one on one with the children and tolerate making copies, doing die-cuts, redoing bulletin boards, etc.

  26. I wish I could sew better.

  27. I've never made a quilt.

  28. I cannot sing.

  29. I hate the "terrible twos" and how unpredictable a two-year old can be. See #24

  30. I'm a listener more than a talker.

  31. I have a hard time opening up to people.

  32. I'm an only child.

  33. My favorite donut is an eclair...love the custard filling!

  34. My favorite song right now is Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars."

  35. My favorite radio stations are 103.1 and 92.9.

  36. I feel guilty listening to my favorite radio stations when my kids are in the car and instead listen to kagu (Gonzaga's classical station) which almost puts me to sleep when I drive!

  37. I've never been on a cruise.

  38. I like dark chocolate.

  39. I want to go to Washington DC someday.

  40. I wish I had a sister to talk to about anything, everything, nothing . . . (poor Andrew has to file this void for me.)

  41. I moved to Seattle with 2 of my friends after college graduation. Andrew came over 2 weeks later and proposed (nice strategy on my part, huh???)

  42. I like to wait at doctor/dentist offices because I get to read gossipy, celebrity magazines.

Okay, I failed. Maybe it's just too late at night (I should have tried this earlier in the day). Good thing getting to 100 wasn't one of my New Year's Resolutions! :-)




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, I love it! I'm totally with you on the radio station. But I do like the gonzaga station. I miss rocking out in my car, though.

So much I didn't know. I am making this month make or break for my YMCA membership. If I don't go 10 times then it's over. I should go today but....

Anonymous said...

Carolyn...we have the same favorite song!! We "listen" to the same radio stations. I also turn to classical or "talk" radio. I love your list!!!

Anonymous said...

I turn to classical or "talk" radio when the kids are in the car that is...

Annie said...

Hey there! I'm reading through every post... one by one... and LOVING IT!

#40 - "I wish I had a sister to talk to about anything, everything, nothing . . ."

Me too. That's why I really liked our "date" to Rockwood Bakery! We ought to try that again... So many more questions for you!!