Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Baby's in a Big Boy Bed

I've posted before about having a hard time with my baby (aka Adam) growing up too fast. Well, this weekend was another milestone. We promised him when he was potty trained he could have a big boy bed like his brother (whom he refers to as "Nicky"). Well, he did it! So, we had to follow through. Andrew put the bunk beds up in the boys room and I turned the changing table (which went through 4 children!) into a toy shelf. It's exciting to think we're done with diapers and toddler beds, but a little sad to be ending that phase of our life.

Adam has asked me over and over today if I've seen his big boy bed. And, over and over again I've replied, "Yes." At which point he tells me "it's awesome." Needless to say, he's thrilled and feels like a big boy, like his Nicky.



The Bunk Beds


Where I changed over 10,000 diapers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a milestone. How does it feel to be completely free from diapers??? I'm so jealous! The bunkbeds look cute. I bet Nick likes sleeping on top too.

Anonymous said...

Cute bunk beds!! Ailey is fast approaching the "big girl" bed stage too...we found her hanging like a mountain climber off the side of her crib that she was climbing out of and yelling "help"!

I just can't decide if I want to do bunk beds or something else for the girls.

Anonymous said...

I love the bunk beds and that Adam feels like such a big boy. I was watching Seth today in school and was a bit sad realizing how much he has grown up. But at the same time, I was excited thinking how cool Sam and Henry will be when they are in first grade. So much to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

Aw,congrats! My last has recently transitioned to a big girl bed and Dora underwear too. It's a whole new world!