Tuesday, January 30, 2007

43 - 100

I've been racking my brain the last few days for a topic to blog about. I finally decided, at the urging of a couple friends, to finish my 100 list. So here's 43 - 100:

43. I have a degree in political science.

44. While in college, I was a member of the Young Republicans. For one of our meetings I was in charge of arranging the guest speaker. I had Bill Hyslop come (then US Attorney for eastern Washington). Who knew someday I'd have a son and this man's wife would be my son's 1st grade teacher! Nick loves Mrs. Hyslop!

45. I like when my husband brings me flowers.

46. I like my husband! :-)

47. I like to dance.

48. My favorite musical is "Phantom of the Opera."

49. My least favorite is "Cats." (I just don't get it . . . what's wrong with me?)

50. My favorite book is "To Kill a Mockingbird." I always wanted a little girl named Scout.

51. The first initial of all my children's names spell ANNA - the name given to every pet we get. We've had a fish, frog, and hermit crab with that name.

52. Note from #51, we've never had a "real" pet (i.e., dog, cat, bunny)

53. My favorite part of the day is morning.

54. We use our stairs for time out (no wonder the carpet is showing wear on that first step!)

55. I've resorted to making a list every morning of the things I need to do that day (they say the memory is the first to go . . . )

56. My favorite Primary song is, "Love is Spoken Here."

57. I'm scared of failure (but I've learned to concede at times).

58. I like cheese pizza without sauce.

59. I was a vegetarian in college (use to order hamburgers at McDonalds and have them "hold the meat.")

60. It was never a moral thing (more of a healthy thing).

61. I played basketball and ran track in high school (not all the way through my senior year though)

62. I love spending time with friends.

63. I love to hear gossip but feel bad when I spread gossip (inner-struggle I'm working on.)

64. I love people who share their talents. I miss my friend Angela who would walk in my house and say, "oh, Carolyn you've got to paint this room taupe."

65. I'm not easily offended.

66. I try to always put myself in other people's shoes. (note the word "try.")

67. I adore my grandparents! They have thoroughly spoiled me (with attention, not material things). I force myself to NOT think about them dying because it makes me too sad.

68. I call or e-mail my grandma everyday.

69. I like serving in YW.

70. I use to laugh while working at home with a tiny baby, thinking how could this person sitting in her PJs, with slippers on and breast-feeding a baby be working on this multi-million dollar lawsuit.

71. I love the smell of lilacs.

72. I like to play basketball with my kids at the YMCA

73. I'm a total wimp when it comes to weightlifting. I have to set the weights at the lowest amount.

74. I spent entirely too much time in the sun as a teenager.

75. I was in a beauty pageant and lost (my talent was piano, how funny is that?)

76. I signed with a modelling agency in high school (the world renowned, Tri-City Models!) That career never went anywhere - a combination of not that pretty and not that tall may have had something to do with it???

78. I highlight my hair but darken my eyebrows.

79. I've had 2 children naturally and 2 with an epidural.

80. I love my in-laws.

81. I admire my mother-in-law who raised 9 boys to be the nicest men I know. There's truly not a jealous, petty, unkind bone in their bodies.

82. I like the smell of the ocean.

83. I like boating.

84. I want to learn to water ski.

85. I LOVE the lake. Sitting on a dock with my family, watching the sun go down is the best.

86. I don't mind driving in the snow.

87. I hope my sons go on missions.

88. I hope my daughters do too.

89. I truly did not know I lacked patience until I had children.

90. I'm thankful for the opportunity to work on my patience.

91. I'm part of the "Big Gulp" generation. I spent a lot of time at 7-11 while I was a teenager.

92. The 7-11 was across the street from my high school.

93. Most the time I was suppose to be in seminary.

94. Didn't graduate from seminary (see #91-93)

95. I don't keep pop in our home (unless I'm entertaining). The result: 3 out of my 4 children don't like pop.

96. Sometimes, when I feel wild, I'll stop and buy one though (I like that Hi-C Orange from McDonalds, pretty sure that's sugar-free! ha)

97. I'm scared to be PTG President next year (that whole fear of failure thing!)

98. I admire people who easily share their feelings.

99. I'm thankful for the Internet.

100. I'm thankful for my family.

I DID IT!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like you too.
A.

Lucy said...

I'm so glad you finished your list!

You have so many talents! Model, attorney, PTG...I'm fortunate to know you. Seriously.

Lara said...

Way to go Caroline!

I just started blogging. My first blog was my 100 list - it was hard!!!! But they are so fun to read. I'm glad I got to know you better and that you finished your list.

Kristin said...

I'm glad you finished your list! Very fun to read! You are a very interesting person who I think the world of!! I'm so glad your my VT!! ;)

andrea said...

Great list. I loved the part about your grandparents. They are so great.