Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Date

On Friday night Andrew and I went on one of our funny little dates. Our code for each other that one of us needs this date is to say to the other, "we need a sitter for exactly 3 hours this weekend." The other person always knows what the other is thinking.

Here's the details of our "3-hour date" . . . we have a little Mexican restaurant in Davenport we LOVE. It's called Camino Real. It takes exactly 1 hour to get to Davenport, 1 hour to eat, and 1 hour to drive home. We love this date so much because of the 2 hours of "car time" where we get to really talk. Sometimes when life gets so consumed with kids, jobs, callings, etc. the thing that's so easy to let slip is our attention to each other. This time alone always rejuvenates our marriage.

Here's a tidbit about my husband that most people don't know . . . he speaks pretty good Spanish. I didn't really know how well Andrew spoke Spanish until we went to Cabo San Lucas for my 30th birthday and he started speaking Spanish to all the locals. I saw my husband with new eyes . . . . Anyway, Andrew likes this little restaurant because he can speak Spanish with the staff.

I'm thankful for our "3-hour dates."





Large portions


This is the place

6 comments:

andrea said...

It seems like Jason and I need oneof those little dates every week! I think it's the key to a happy marriage and to being good parents. We'll have to check out the place. I love being with Jason in the car.

Lara said...

What a great date night. I can't wait to catch up on those when track season is done.

Kristin said...

That sounds like fun! Some day Tyler and I might have to drive on down/or up/or over (I have NO IDEA where Davenport is) and give it a try. What is the name of your favorite Mexican Restaurant here in town? Tyler and I have our Cinqo de Mayo Anniversary coming up!

P.S. You and Andrew are such a cute couple.

Lucy said...

I want to do this before we leave. Unfortunately, Jay can't eat just anywhere anymore but this is totally the kind of place that we both love.

What a great idea. And I love that you and Andrew can talk in code. So romantic.

Rebecca said...

I love this idea! So just head north?

[alisar] said...

That is one of the most romantic things I've heard in a long time. A three hour date for dinner! Ahhh... Now you're talking!