Friday, April 06, 2007

The Much-Needed Break

I love the term "spring break" because it perfectly describes this week. I have literally taken a "break" from everything that distracts me from spending time with my children and given them 100% of myself. After feeling so inspired from general conference, spending time with my children was like icing on the cake.

Traditionally, we go with Andrew to whatever city he needs to be in for work for spring break, but this year, he had to be in Spokane, so we broke tradition and I took Ally, Nicholas, Natalie, and Adam to the Tri-cities. The kids were a little sad to not be staying in a hotel, but grandpa and grandma's house was a good runner up (now if they'd only put in an indoor pool, we'd be set!)

My VERY nice friend Andrea let me borrow her camera (remember what Adam did to mine????) and can you believe I forgot it in Spokane. So I don't have any pictures to share. But here are some highlights:

  • Chuck E. Cheese (always a treat!)
  • Shopping and pedicures for the girls
  • Our favorite Mexican restaurant, Inca (because of the large Hispanic population in the Tri-cities they've got some great Mexican restaurants there. This is one thing we really miss living in Spokane)
  • Playdate at the Playground of Dreams in Columbia Park with our friends the Hollands. (I have a couple friends in my ward who are both from the Tri-cities AND our spouses are from the Tri-cities but none of us knew each other growing up - we try and hook up when we're down there at the same time)
  • Trying out the new Children's Museum (Spokane's is much better!)
  • "Meet the Robinsons" - LOVE this movie
  • Lots of basketball and tennis (conveniently located in the back yard)
  • "The Kite Runner" - what a page turner with lots of tears - can't wait for book group.

I feel so rejuvenated and ready to get back in action, which is good because April is a very busy month . . . more on that later.

5 comments:

andrea said...

Glad you're back. It sounds like everyone is enjoying the Kite Runner. Should be a good book group. April is a busy month. I hope we survive it.

Kristin said...

Sounds like a great trip!! That's fun that you met up with the Hollands. Glad you are back and feel rejuvinated. See you on Tuesday.

Lucy said...

Your spring break sounds delightful. I'm glad you are back and ready to share more (I saw the promise...you said it!)

Lara said...

How nice to get out of town for a fun break!

Sorry about the camera - since I started blogging I have taken a lot more pictures - which is good for me as I always forget - so now I think it would feel like losing an appendage if my camera broke. Hope you are able to get a new one soon.

Rebecca said...

It sounds like you avoided guilt by wearing yourself out doing fun stuff with your kids! I can't say the same. I was a bit lazy the first half until that annoying guilt creeped in and I kicked it into gear.

Have you gotten a new camera yet?