Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Easter

Like most of you we have several Easter traditions that keep us "hopping" during this fun time of year (Easter egg hunts, coloring eggs, new outfits, candy-filled baskets, etc.) but I want to post about the other aspect of Easter. The aspect that is more personal to me.

Our favorite saying around the house the last few days has been: "There would be no Christmas without Easter." This is from one of the conference talks a couple weeks ago. Without the atoning sacrifice of our savior, He would be just another man and there would be no celebration of His birth. But of course, He's not just "another man" but the savior of the world and on a more personal level, my savior. Because of Him, I can repent of my sins. Because of Him, I could change the path my life was going in "back in the day" and come unto Christ. I have to wonder if there was no atonement if the above picture would even exist. My only gift I can return to Him is to TRY to emulate Him (I often fall short) and hope that on our reunion He will call me by name, followed by "thou good and faithful servant."

6 comments:

Lara said...

Love your photo!!!! That is the one thing I forgot to do this year.

Love your thoughts! So true - I hope my kids can understand that someday. They are still into all the glitz of holidays - even though we try to tone it down and focus on what is important.

Lucy said...

Your family is absolutely stunning. I'm glad you had a wonderful day.

Rebecca said...

I love your family photo! I also forgot to get one of the whole family. I tend to just focus on the kids. I loved reading your thoughts on Easter!

andrea said...

I love your words. I too loved that quote from conference.

Your family is beautiful. The dresses and sweater vests turned out great.

Kristin said...

Great post Carolyn. I loved what you said about the Savior. So true...everything we have is because of Him and what He did for us.

Great picture of your cute family! I love the pink and brown.

[alisar] said...

Thanks for sharing such tender thoughts.