Friday, June 15, 2007

ALL "THOUGHT" AND NO ACTION

Andrew is in New Jersey this week. I had BIG plans to accomplish soooo much while he was gone. In my mind, I pictured me posting on my blog each night, finishing the book of the month for my book group, rearranging my bedroom furniture (when Andrew's out of town I love to pick one project to do around the house and then wait to see how long it takes him to notice - it's a little game we play), and maybe, just maybe scrapbooking a page in each of my children's books. Now, let's compare this list with what I actually accomplished. Let's see . . . oh yeah I did NOTHING!

Well, I shouldn't say nothing, I did take care of all the day to day tasks that moms need to do (cooking, cleaning, chauffeuring, etc.) I also got to do some service, which I've been praying for lately. Nothing really grand and amazing but small things like babysitting, bringing a meal, substituting a church calling, etc. I also got to enjoy the last week of school with my older children. There has been such excitement in the air all week. It's been fun planning end-of-the-year gifts for their teachers and enjoying a week without homework. With Andrew gone, I even got to get out my dusty softball mitt to play catch with Nicholas. He's convinced he needs to practice EVERY DAY so "the Boston Red Sox will pick him." I love the way an 8-year-old thinks! I also got to go to the park today with some of my friends and their children and celebrate the last day of school. This was probably one of the highlights of my week. I really love my friends, new and old!

So, Andrew returns home in a few hours. I didn't accomplish all I hoped, but I'll keep my list in mind and hopefully accomplish SOMETHING the next time he has a business trip.

4 comments:

andrea said...

It's amazing how things never go the way we plan. You are a great example of focusing on what's really important.

That was so nice of you guys to think of Jason with ther Herr's chips. We loved them. (jason shared with me).

Lara said...

I am amazed at how much "nothing" I am able to get done every day. I always have big plans too - but I think it is just as fun to dream as to do sometimes.

Kristin said...

I think your "nothing" is someone else's huge "To Do List"! :) This last week was fun for us too...no more pencils...no more books...no more ballet, piano, T-ball etc! Wowee! The park was a great way to kick off summer vacation. I got sunburned and have been sporting a lovely farmer's tan!

Rebecca said...

All my to do list includes anymore is the day to day stuff and that is when my husband IS in town. I'm sorry you got sick too!