Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Missing Crab by Ally




On June 9, 2007, me and my friend Holland played with my hermit crabs. After we were done, we put them back in their cage. Later that night my sister took one of the crabs out, Anna (MY hermit crab) and left her on the carpet unsupervised. She crawled away.

Later, I asked my mom, "Where's Anna?" She said, "I don't know." My mom looked EVERYWHERE. She looked for a whole week!

On June 15, 2007, my dad came home late at night. He didn't know Anna was missing. The next day, he asked me, "Where is Anna?" I told him she had been lost for more than a week.

On June 17, 2007 which was Father's Day, my dad tore up the whole upstairs looking for Anna. I asked my dad, "What are you doing?" He said, "Looking for Anna."

After chruch that day, me, my dad, Nicholas, and Natalie walked home. Sometimes we like to walk home and talk. My dad asked us, "Have you said a family prayer for Anna?" I said, "No, but I said a personal prayer for her." We decided when we got home we would say a family prayer to find her.

My dad gathered everyone together for a prayer. 10 second later, my mom went to put her church shoes back in her closet and THERE WAS ANNA!!! I was so happy to see her alive.

We then said another prayer, thanking Heavenly Father for answering our prayer so quickly. I then went in my bedroom and said a personal thank you prayer. Do you know what my primary lesson was about that day? Gratidue and telling Heavenly Father thank you.

I had a lot of emotional feelings.

I felt like I witnessed a miracle.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great writing Ally! I'm so glad that we could share that experience with you.

Love, Dad

andrea said...

What a great miracle. thanks for sharing the story.

Kristin said...

Great job Ally! I'm glad you found Anna.

Anonymous said...

I am glad I found Anna. It was a miracle. I LOVE BLOGS!

Lara said...

Ally, this will be a great story to tell your kids about one day!

My husband has a smiliar story about losing his gloves and praying twice. Once to find them and then again to thank Heavenly Father for his help. My kids love hearing that story.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It helps us all remember to pray and give thanks!

Joe said...

Ally, what a gem you are! I really enjoyed reading your blog posting. You are a very good writer. I am glad you found your crab, I'm amazed she was still alive. I wonder what she ate the whole time?

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Cool story! I'm also amazed it was still alive. It was a good reminder to all of us to use prayer more in our daily lives. Our cousin had a hermit crab "die" then found it alive--turns out they hibernate or something when they molt. Fascinating pets!!

KariAnn said...

What a sweet story, thanks for sharing it.

Rebecca said...

Ally I'm am so glad Anna was found safe and sound! I thought when you said your dad came home late at night and didn't know Anna was missing that he was going to step on her! You had me scared! Great story.

Lucy said...

Another reason for me to not have small crustacean beings around the house. As if I needed another one:)

I am glad you found Anna, though. Very inspirational.